Thursday

Baked thyme and rosemary infused potatoes with white cabbage (German style)


Hello


Uhhhh that's a long title.
The only thing that was sure today ,was the fact that I was craaaving for creamy German style white cabbage with bacon,like my Grandma used to make.
Usually this dish screams for a rustic piece of meat,but I didn't want to go to the butchers in the pouring rain.
Walking through my garden I discovered a young rosemary twig that I picked and it was sooo fragrant.
There is only one ingredient that can be paired with rosemary: POTATO!


For the baked potatoes you need:
3 small potatoes
2 cloves garlic(whole)
1 large rosemary twig(whole)
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1/2 lemon
olive oil
coarse sea salt
a dash or two paprika powder
pepper




Peel the potatoes and cut out little V's (check the picture to see what I mean).The V's will provide you a bigger surface to flavor and infuse with aroma.
Put your potatoes in a pot,cover them with water and add garlic,lemon,rosemary,thyme,pepper and salt.
Boil for 15-20 min.
Remove potatoes and garlic from the pot.
Carefully open the garlic cloves and squeeze out the boiled garlic mash.
In a small mixing bowl mix 5 tablespoons olive oil,paprika,garlic mash.Brush the mixture on the potatoes and sprinkle them with salt.
Pour the rest of the mixture into a small oven proof dish and place the potatoes in it.
Bake at high temperature until the potatoes are golden.




YUM! I am just finished eating the dish and the potato was amazing.Full of amazing flavor and the essence of Mediterranean cuisine captured in a single potato






For the white cabbage (German style) you need:
1/4 head white cabbage (cut into stripes)
150 ml milk
1 tablespoon flour
20 gr butter
1 strip of bacon (diced)
pepper salt nutmeg




Boil the cabbage for 10-13 min in salted water.Drain and set aside.


In the same pot that you boiled the cabbage,add butter and bacon.Fry for 1 min and add the flour and whisk whisk whisk so it doesn't burn.Once the flour starts sticking to the bottom of the pot,remove from the heat and add the milk.If you like a more liquid consistency,add more milk.


Whisk again and bring to a quick short boil.Add the cabbage,season with salt pepper and nutmeg.




Done


Halleluja what a feast.I am not a person who says stuff like :" This dish is so sexy,this dish is the best" I am usually not bragging about a dish.But today my dining experience was above average and each taste bud was singing and jumping in my mouth.
The creamy fluffy texture of the cabbage paired with the savory crispy potato infused with rosemary.
If I had made more potatoes,I would probably still be eating.








Huggies
Chinchillachannel258

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous21:59

    waaahhh das sieht mal wieder total lecker aus <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting,I love to read your comments dolls!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...