Sunday

Lightening hair with hydrogen peroxide and lemon (before and after)

Hi dolls

I am not a friend of hair dye because it smells horrible  and I am not sure how healthy it is.Few weeks back I was thinking about red highlights,but then I decided not to do it,because once you dye you have to worry about roots and re-dying.

My hair color is dirty blond and in summer it turns into a honey blond because I spray it with lemon juice when I go to the beach.But the effect wasn't thaaaat visible.
I searched the internet and found a cool way to lighten the  hair with hydrogen peroxide and lemon.


Before you get started,cut off a small lock of hair and tape it onto a cardboard.So you can see the effect before you actually might ruin your hair color.
This method works only for blondes.Brown,red or black hair might turn orange.
And if you are not careful,you might damage your hair quite badly.Be safe and try it on a lock of cut hair first ,because I can not be held responsible,if your hair turns out to be orange.

You need:
3 tablespoons hydrogen peroxide 6%
1 tablespoon water
1 tablespoon lemon juice

hair mask and conditioner for after

Mix the ingredients and apply to your hair.The recipe can be doubled up if you need.
Leave in for 3-4 hours.
Rinse your hair well,use shampoo,a mask and conditioner to minimize the damage done to your hair.
If you want a more drastic result,repeat again after 3 days.
That's what I did and as you can see the change is quite drastic .

But again,I am not responsible if your hair turns out badly.

Huggies
Cookingchinchillas

5 comments:

  1. Don't sue me if you end up looking like Pipi Longstocking. I repeat, do not sue me if...
    Lol! I would never let lemon juice anywhere near my black hair, but the result looks good on yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For black hair this would be distasterous,but it was okay for me.Although the darker hair has a copper hue after the lemon peroxide :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This is quite a change! Hair die is one of my best friends! I started going grey around 22, so I have to keep mine colored regularly. I'm not ready to be grey yet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why didn't I think of this? It took me FOREVER to lighten my hair with plain peroxide. I tried this out, and I noticed a difference in less than an hour.

    Guess who loves you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you lovely ladies

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting,I love to read your comments dolls!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...