Thursday

Steak with a mushroom gravy


Hi Dolls


I got some fabulous beef today which I had to cook.
I love steak,but I eat it rarely,because it is expensive and most of the times the quality is not so good,because the animal was on a bad diet or it was stressed before the slaughter.
I only buy steak if I know 100% that the animal was walking on green grass and was fed with biological food.
May sound snobby to some people but hey, that's my personal preference.If there is meat on my table I want to be sure that the animal that just died for me had a good life and wasn't cramped in a dark stable.

Enough with the bla bla! Lets' get cooking ladies and gents:
1 steak of your choice (i chose fillet steak)
1 small can of mushrooms or 1 cup fresh chopped mushrooms
1 shallot (diced)
100 ml red wine
100 ml of cream
a few parsley leaves
pepper salt
oil

And you need an oven proof skillet.


Heat up the skillet in a hot oven (220 degree celsius)

Add a teaspoon of oil in the skillet and gently lay down the steak.Cook the steak for 80-90 seconds on each side.This will seal the meat and keep it juicy.

Now leave it in the oven for 6-10 minutes depending on how you like your steak,


Take out the pan from the oven and wrap the steak in aluminum foil in order to rest it.
Turn on your stove and put on the same pan that you used for cooking the steak.

Add the wine and the shallots and start deglazing the pan.
After 1 minute add the mushrooms and the parsley,season well.Cook for another minute and add the cream.Put the steak back into the skillet and serve.



Huggies
Chinchillachannel258

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting,I love to read your comments dolls!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...