Monday

Cod with an exotic sauce of veggies


Hello
Today I had a huge dilemma which turned out very tasty.I could not decide....either Asian style or Indian style.So I said to myself..."Whatever will make something freestyle"
I was not sure about the result,but hey,sometimes you have to be experimental.

You need:
6 fillets of cod
1/2 Mango
2 slices of fresh pineapple
1 red bull's horn pepper (sweet) or a bell pepper
1 shallot
1 clove garlic
1 carrot
-frozen mixed veggies of your choice.I used mixed baby peas,beans,peppers,carrots.Approximately 150-250 gr.
1 tomato (without seeds)
4 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon curry powder
1/2 chilly pepper sliced
3-4 tablespoons honey
1 teaspoon soy sauce
a few drops white vinegar
2 tablespoons finely chopped coriander
pepper salt
water

I know that the ingredient list is huge,but you will love how easy it is.
You can get super creative with the veggies.You can use whatever you like.I know that peas and beans are not exotic,but that is what I had at home. :D Improvising ftw!

Cut the fillets in chunks.Cut your veggies in slices/dices/cubes (the smaller the cut,the faster they will be cooked)
Let a deep pan become hot,add the olive oil and the garlic and fry until translucent,add the fresh veggies and season.Now add a little water so that the veggies are covered.Once the water comes to a boil,add the frozen veggies and all the other ingredients except the fish.
Let it boil on medium heat for 13-15 min.Now add the fish and let it cook slowly in the sauce for 4-8 min (depending on the size).But make sure that it doesn't overcook because dry fish especially the cheaper fish is disgusting!

That's it.
I served my exotic fish dish with jasmine rice.

And here is the funny part:
English is not my mother tongue and I was ready to call this dish :"Exotic fish pan"
In German we call those dishes that are mixed in a pan "pan dishes".So we have rice pans,fish pans,pasta pans....But we don't mean the cookware.We mean the meal.
Maybe this isn't even funny for you but I had a good giggle when I noticed my mistake.*LOL*

Huggies
Chinchillachannel258

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting,I love to read your comments dolls!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...