Monday

Lemon Meringue Pie (My way)



Hi
So today I was browsing through some cooking sites, because I wanted to make something that contains Lemon and Meringue.
But unfortunately on Sundays shops are closed here,so I could not find all the ingredients for the pies.So I made up my own kind of pie:

For the base:
250 gr Cookie Crumbs (I like whole grain cookies)
140 gr melted Butter
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3 tablespoons sugar

For the filling:
The juice of 1 Lemon
the zest of one Lemon
8 tablespoons water
200 gr sugar
2 egg yolks
3 tablespoons corn starch
4 tablespoons condensed milk

For the meringue:
2 egg whites
100 gr sugar

Line a spring form pan (22 cm) with non stick baking paper and grease the sides of the spring form pan.
Now it's time to make the base for our lemon pie :)
Mix the cookie crumbs,cinnamon and the butter well combined.
Now push the cookie butter mixture into the spring form pan and bring up the sides a little bit, so the filling won't "run" away.
Put the pie base in the fridge to chill.

The filling is the best part of this pie.It is also a good therapy for desperate housewives haha :D
Add the lemon juice,lemon zest,sugar and water in a saucepan and bring it to a boil.Mix the cornstarch with the condensed milk and stir well.Take a balloon whisk and whisk in the cornstarch.You have to whisk quite hard or you will have lumps.
Take the mixture off the heat for 2-3 min.Now slowly add the egg yolks and stir constantly.
Put the mixture back on the heat and whisk it well.The texture should be creamy and not too runny.
If the filling is too runny,add another tablespoon of cornstarch.

Meringues are my favorite thing to make in the kitchen.I don't own a mixer,so I have to beat the egg whites with my hands.But it's fun and very therapeutic.
Place the two egg whites in a clean bowl and mix/whisk until they have a soft peak.Now slowly add the sugar and continue whisking until the egg white has a stiff peak.

Pour the filling into the pie base and cover it with the meringue topping.
You can easily decorate the meringue- be playful.
Heat the oven 170 degree celsius (338 Fahrenheit) and bake the pie until the meringue has a light brown color on top.



Huggies
Chinchillachannel258

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting,I love to read your comments dolls!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...