Friday

Creamy Celery Pork (χοιρινό με σέλινο) my way


Hi dolls

One of my favorite 'Sunday/Celebration' dishes is a Greek dish with pork and lots of celery.
But this dish is rather a winter dish and sometimes it's a pain to eat it because you will need tons of toothpicks to battle the amount of celery in your teeth.Yup right! Eww!
I came up with my own spin on this dish to accompany my pasta.

You need:
3 pork schnitzel (cut into bite size chunks)
a good hand full of celery green (coarsely chopped)
the juice of 1/2 lemon
1 spring onion (finely chopped )
500 ml vegetable stock
pepper salt
150 ml heavy cream (lightly whisked )
1 tablespoon fresh dill (finely chopped)
1 tablespoon of parsley (finely chopped)
olive oil

2 portions of pasta(boiled)

Season your schnitzel with pepper and salt and quickly seal it in a hot pan with olive oil.Add the spring onion,lemon juice,vegetable stock and celery green.
Simmer for 10 min.
Now add parsley and dill.Simmer for 3 min
Add the heavy cream and season again.
Simmer again for 3 minutes and mix with your pasta!Serve!

Quick and delicious!

The original version of this recipe is nice,but the celery is slightly overwhelming and like I mentioned above: Toothpick alert!
I have to say that I prefer my version,because it has more layers of flavor and the heavy cream takes away that 'in your face' celery flavor.

Huggies
Cookingchinchillas

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting,I love to read your comments dolls!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...