Tuesday

Old fashioned lemon cake


Hi Dolls

This is a recipe from my Grandma and it was my favorite cake when I was a small.I still love the smell of this cake and it almost makes me nostalgic.When my grandma baked this cake she always left some dough in the bowl so I could eat it.Of course my tummy would hurt every time,but I was so in love with the taste of this.

You need:
200 gr Butter (room temperature)
200 gr sugar
1 lemon  (zested and juiced)
4 eggs
90 gr corn starch
3 teaspoons baking powder
200 gr flour
100 ml buttermilk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract or 1 package vanilla sugar

for the frosting :
200 gr icing sugar
4 tablespoons lemon juice


Mix the cake ingredients together with a balloon whisk and chill for 30 min.Bake the cake in a an old fashioned tubed cake mold.Bake for 20-30 min at medium high temperature.To test if the cake is ready pierce it with a bamboo skewer and pull the bamboo skewer out.If the skewer comes out very clean that means your cake is ready.

When the cake has cooled for 15 min,you can frost it.Combine icing sugar and lemon juice until you have a thick,white runny,but not too liquid texture.Spread the frosting on the top of the cake.If you want you can sieve some extra icing sugar on top when the frosting has almost dried.

I baked the cake in the late afternoon and I was not sure if the pictures would come out well.So I cut a slice,frosted it and literally ran outside to catch the last sunlight.That's why there is frosting all over the plate *xixixix*

Huggies
Chinchillachannel258

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting,I love to read your comments dolls!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...