Monday

Rustic puree (mash) of different vegetables


Hi

Mashed potatoes is such a great thing to eat.With a nice roasted piece of meat and plenty of gravy.
But mashed potatoes can get boring really easy.So I experimented with some different veggie constellations.This is the winner:

You need:
4 Large potatoes
1 large carrot
1/2 red bell pepper
3-4 tablespoons finely chopped leeks
100 ml milk
4 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon chopped dill
pepper,nutmeg,salt

Peel the potatoes and cut them into small dices,finely chop the rest of the veggies.
Bring 1,5 liter water to a boil and boil the veggies for 10-15 min.Drain the water and put the veggies back on the heat.
Now take a whisk balloon.
Season the puree with pepper,salt,nutmeg and add the milk and butter.
With the whisk balloon and mash the veggies with it.Now stir well until the mixture gets a fluffy texture.Add the dill at the end.

I served my puree with corn salad with my favorite dressing:Mayonnaise and lemon juice (2:1) with a few drops of olive oil and black pepper.
Well this is not the most sophisticated salad dressing,but I love it.
The most salad dressings contain balsamic vinegar and I don't like it on salads.
I believe that corn salad needs a simple citrus dressing to bring out it's tender taste.
AMEN!

Huggies
Chinchillachannel258

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting,I love to read your comments dolls!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...