Thursday

Ravioli soup with winter vegetables


Hi
I hate to throw away food.....I feel so bad when I throw away food just because I don't like the taste.
So today was the day to somehow use the awful frozen mixed veggies that I had bought.
The peas are very overpowering and that gives you only a few options.
So I tried a ravioli soup and it was very yummy.

You need:
2 portions of fresh ravioli.(The dried would work too,but their filling tastes like old stinky socks.
1/2 onion chopped
2 carrots sliced
a handful frozen mixed veggies
2 tablespoons of Butter/margarine
500 ml chicken/beef/vegetable stock (I used beef)
some celery leaves chopped
some parsley leaves chopped
salt,pepper

Bring the stock to a boil and add the veggies and the butter.Let it boil for 15 min and add the fresh ravioli.Mine take 4 min to cook,but that depends...better check the package of the ravioli.

And that is basically it :))
So this is another very quick meal.

Frozen veggies have a bad reputation,but they sometimes contain more vitamins than fresh veggies.The veggies are shock frosted right after the harvest and fresh veggies first have to travel to reach the supermarket.


Huggies
Chinchillachannel258

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting,I love to read your comments dolls!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...