Monday

Marinated Anchovies ( γαύρος μαρινάτος ) Gauros marinatos


Hi Huns!

This is one of my favorite comfort foods.I can gobble down tons of it and it makes me forget all my sorrows.If you can find cleaned anchovies that would be great.I didn't have the luxury to do so.
The recipe requires 1 kilo of anchovies.But I tripled it.......So there was a lot of heads,guts and scales to clean.

You need:
1 kg very fresh anchovies (rub off scales,fillet,remove bone,remove head and guts)
6 cloves of garlic (thinly sliced)
2 liters of white whine vinegar(You actually won't need that much,but with 2 liters you are on the safe side)
2 tablespoons dried oregano


In a  large tupper wear container add one layer of anchovies and cover them with a few garlic slices.Cover with vinegar and sprinkle some oregano on top.
Continue like this until there are no more anchovies left and make sure they are all covered in vinegar.Add some salt if you like them salty.
Place in the fridge for at least 10 hours.I let mine marinate for 24 hours,then they are perfect.


The rice is a perfect company for this dish.It is basmati rice with a quick tomato sauce and some sun dried tomatoes in it.I also added one grated carrot.



I can't  get enough of it.XD It is supposed to be eaten tomorrow,but who cares *gobble gobble*
3 kilos of this stuff in my fridge makes me feel like a millionaire.

Huggies
Chinchillachannel258

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous17:20

    I haven't never realised gauros was anchovies. It got lost in translation :P
    Well done, you. I'm craving fish now, and it's 10 am. I should leave your blog before I drown myself while drooling. (ew, that was gross.)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting,I love to read your comments dolls!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...